Thursday, December 25, 2008

why not?

oh, man. this christmas is proving to be pretty groovy.

christmas eve eve. i'm pretty sure i gave my mom alcohol poisoning. not really. but i made a couple of rum and cokes. and. that rum was no joke. there was probably like four shots worth in there. hey, i don't have my tenders license yet. i'm working on it.

christmas eve. the worship leader. best part ever. first off. you probably have to know him. but, he's about as flamboyant as you can get without legally being gay. and. he told this story like he was a shepherd. and referred to himself as a "country bumpkin" and used a bunch of weird slang. i'm pretty sure he found the story online or something but. i'd like to think he made it up himself. then during the candle part. he was on stage, exhaled, and blew out his candle. i kind of missed it. but when emily told me. i laughed heartily.
also, the candles were problematic for another reason. the candles were too small for the little holders that protect you from the wax. the wax was outta control. and burned poor lil' john mark. he was freakin' out.
present favs: biscotti pan and recipes, big comfy sweater, and a basket from 10,000 villages (originally from uganda).
movies i'm forcing you to watch: pee wee's big adventure, and blow.

christmas. present fav: navy (opening night) opi nail polish.
also. we had a lovely fried fiasco. no ham or turkey here. christmas dinner = fried fish, coconut shrimp, fried shrimp, french fries, and fried mushrooms. don't hate. you know you wish you had that for dinner.

post christmas. tomorrow i'm going out to breakfast with ettienne and janni. ihop. exciting times. then in the evening, i'm flying out to new jersey to see jac.

merry christmas kiddies,
kate

8 comments:

Gretchen said...

Where was church on Christmas Eve? Were you really where I think you were? I wasn't there so I may have missed all this.

Andrew said...

I wish I could do that to my mother. But she would just get angry with me.

Jessica said...

i kind of do wish i had that dinner...

Lizzi said...

1. I'm happy to know that it wasn't my father you were calling flamboyant, however I would like it if you could clarify for those who may know who I am and that my did is the worship leader at our church, lol. We played hookie and watched Slumdog Millionaire.
2. I approve of both movies you're making people watch and would love to join in watching Pee Wee, if possible. It is, after all, a Firestone movie...

oh_em.g said...

i loved every part of this post.
and lizzi... you dont know, it might just have been your dad.

tiki said...

i just want you to know that my prof talked about 10,000 villages and how great it is when we were in costa rica.

i felt so cool that i could raise my hand saying that i had heard of it. :) so thanks for that.

Anonymous said...

Kate! I'm missing updates to this!! I love reading your insights!! They make my day! :)

Tami

Erin said...

I looked for Hoggle in the labyrinth.... didn't find him. Though I did think of that movie quite a bit!